Hey guys, it’s been a crazy week! I’m leaving for a week-long cruise in the Caribbean on Saturday. I thought I would share some of my must-have travel essentials to pack on your next adventure.
Follow my instagram page @amberhanson or add me on Snapchat (ambermhanson) to follow me on my journey. For now, I leave you with my 15 carry on, travel essentials:
- iPad – Essential for passing the time when you’re on a bus or waiting for your flight to board. Delta has this great in-flight app where you can stream movies and TV shows for free. It’s not Netflix, it doesn’t have all of the latest and greatest but it’s better than nothing and most of the movies are a few years old at most.
- Headphones – My Bose headphones are my favorite for traveling. In ear headphones don’t offer a lot of noise cancellation, but these will drown out the wails of any baby you encounter.
- Sweater – Anyone who has ever traveled by plane knows that the temperature can be anything from sweltering to igloo. I always wear layers on travel days so I can be comfortable in any environment.
- Backpack – Keep everything together in a backpack. I opt for a backpack over a purse because as you can see, I like to have a lot of things in my carry on. There’s also more room in case you want to buy snacks or souvenirs.
- Sun glasses – Perfect for tropical vacations.
- Charging cables – no explanation needed for this travel essential.
- Toothbrush – I pack my toothbrush in my carry on because it allows me to leave the airport feeling refreshed. Even if I haven’t had a chance to shower, at least my teeth are clean!
- Pen + notebook – You never know when you’ll need to take notes. (or see your favorite celebrity!)
- Makeup bag – for storing things.
- Makeup + lotion – another way to feel refreshed. Plus the air is always so dry in airplanes.
- Passport – You’re not getting through customs without it.
- hair accessories – I probably go through three different hair styles when traveling and need to have as many bobby pins and hair ties as possible.
- Water bottle – dehydration is no joke! One tip I’ve learned over my short time of traveling is to bring an empty water bottle with you. Once you pass through security you can fill it up and enjoy the delicious H20.
- Comfy socks – I like to take my shoes off in an airplane but no way am I going to be barefoot.
- Fancy clutch – Instead of having my money, passport roaming loose in the backpack, I keep it all together in a fabulous clutch.
Be sure to watch for posts about my upcomming trip. I’ll be traveling to New Orleans; Montego Bay, Jamaica; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; and Cozumel, Mexico.